Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
If this doesn't make you smile, you might just be a Vulcan
04-04-2012, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 11:07 AM by janedrake.)
If this doesn't make you smile, you might just be a Vulcan
[Image: imagesizer?file=WillFemiaAC951B22-21F2-C...;width=600]

Obama with "Lieutenant Uhura."

Source: The Maddow Blog
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
If this doesn't make you smile, you might just be a Vulcan #1 - janedrake - 04-04-2012, 11:01 AM
[*]
04-04-2012, 11:03 AM
RE: If this doesn't make you smile, you might just be a Vulcan
Isn't that the coolest picture?

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The GOP running for its life.
04-04-2012, 11:05 AM
(04-04-2012 11:03 AM)jaxx Wrote:  Isn't that the coolest picture?

Yes!
04-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Love it! [Image: spock-smiley.gif]

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
(04-04-2012 12:01 PM)azmouse Wrote:  Love it! [Image: spock-smiley.gif]

Love that smiley!
04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
(04-04-2012 12:47 PM)janedrake Wrote:  

Love that smiley!

Feel free to use it as well as any smiley I post. I have lots of them in my photobucket and I'm ready to add several dozen more. [Image: bye-smiley.gif]

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
(04-04-2012 12:59 PM)azmouse Wrote:  
(04-04-2012 12:47 PM)janedrake Wrote:  Love that smiley!

Feel free to use it as well as any smiley I post. I have lots of them in my photobucket and I'm ready to add several dozen more. [Image: bye-smiley.gif]

Thanks! [Image: spock-smiley.gif]
04-04-2012, 01:27 PM

OK, me gotta steal that one! roflmao

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
04-04-2012, 01:32 PM

There. Spock-smiley

Spockladocia is available on DFP Big Grin

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
04-04-2012, 02:12 PM
(04-04-2012 01:32 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  

There. Spock-smiley

Spockladocia is available on DFP Big Grin

woohoo!! [Image: yess-smiley.gif]

04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Knowing the President is a bit of a nerd
I am sure this was a meeting he really enjoyed

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”

Benjamin Franklin
04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
That's cool! [Image: happy0034.gif]
04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh that is very cool! I bet President Obama is a Star Trek geek....I don't mean like those people who dress up like Kingons and go to Star Trek conventions (not that there's anything wrong with that) but in the sense that the whole Star Trek franchise was about a future of hope and where human beings learned to work together to further the human race and "seek out new life...and to boldly go where no person has gone before."

Nichelle Nichols was quite a ground breaker for African-American women. Her character was one of the (if not the first) strong black women to be portrayed on TV. She and William Shatner shared the first interracial kiss on TV, and she tells of how she was tempted to leave the show but Martin Luther King persuaded her not to because she was a role model not only for black women, but black children as well.

Hmmm, I guess I'm a Star Trek geek as well! Smile

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
(04-04-2012 12:33 PM)PoliticalTiger Wrote:  Oh that is very cool! I bet President Obama is a Star Trek geek....I don't mean like those people who dress up like Kingons and go to Star Trek conventions (not that there's anything wrong with that) but in the sense that the whole Star Trek franchise was about a future of hope and where human beings learned to work together to further the human race and "seek out new life...and to boldly go where no person has gone before."

Nichelle Nichols was quite a ground breaker for African-American women. Her character was one of the (if not the first) strong black women to be portrayed on TV. She and William Shatner shared the first interracial kiss on TV, and she tells of how she was tempted to leave the show but Martin Luther King persuaded her not to because she was a role model not only for black women, but black children as well.

Great post, PT! As a kid, I was a Star Trek fan, but thanks to streaming Netflix, I'm now firmly on my way to be a Star Trek geek.
04-04-2012, 01:35 PM
(04-04-2012 12:33 PM)PoliticalTiger Wrote:  Oh that is very cool! I bet President Obama is a Star Trek geek....I don't mean like those people who dress up like Kingons and go to Star Trek conventions (not that there's anything wrong with that) but in the sense that the whole Star Trek franchise was about a future of hope and where human beings learned to work together to further the human race and "seek out new life...and to boldly go where no person has gone before."

Good post. I'm a Trekkie myself. My dad got the biggest kick telling people about that "first interracial kiss" factoid - lol.

04-05-2012, 11:43 PM
That's wonderful. They look like they are both enjoying the heck out of that moment.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
04-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Who's that guy standing next to Uhuru?

He famous for something?

Must be a fan.

[Image: DFP_logo.PNG] "This Is A Big Fuckin' Deal."