Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zimmerman caught on tape: His injuries and Trayvon Martin’s motivation
06-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Posted at 08:19 AM ET, 06/27/2012
By Jonathan Capehart

George Zimmerman has said repeatedly that he was fighting for his life the night he killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old who was found with a can of iced tea and a bag of Skittles. He was punched in the nose. His head was slammed repeatedly into the sidewalk. His mouth and nose were covered by Martin. But when Zimmerman sat for his final interview with Sanford Police detectives Christopher Serino and Doris Singleton, he was confronted with a pesky perception. His injuries didn’t match the severity of the story he told.

<..> Pointing out that Zimmerman had two opportunities to identify himself to Martin as a person who didn’t mean to do him harm, Serino said, “The problem being in his mind is, which I can’t get into because he’s passed, he perceived you as a threat. . . . He has every right to defend himself, especially when you are reaching into your pocket to grab the cellphone.

“What do you think his motivation was? The kid had no violent background. No violent tendencies that we can find,” Serino said. “What made him snap? He’s not on drugs. Can you fill in that blank? . . . What do you think set him off?” Serino asked.

“I don’t know,” Zimmerman replied.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post..._blog.html

I'm glad someone is staying on this, Zimmerman changed his story on events.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
06-27-2012, 06:42 AM
RE: Zimmerman caught on tape: His injuries and Trayvon Martin’s motivation
Posted at 09:35 AM ET, 06/26/2012
Zimmerman caught on tape: Trayvon’s hands
By Jonathan Capehart

<..> Hours after killing Trayvon on Feb. 26, Zimmerman wrote a “narrative report” of the incident for the Sanford Police Department. After shooting the unarmed teenager, Zimmerman wrote, “The suspect sat back allowing me to sit up and said, ‘You got me.’ At this point I slid out from underneath him and got ontop [sic] of the suspect holding his hands away from his body.”

<..> “I don’t know if I pushed him off me [or] he fell off me, either way I got on top of him and I pushed his arms apart,” Zimmerman said as he demonstrated how he spread Trayvon’s arms away from his body. He told the officer that he didn’t remember how he got on top of his victim and continued with his version of events. “But I got on his back and moved his arms apart because when he was repeatedly hitting me in the face and the head,” Zimmerman said, “I thought he had something in his hands. So, I moved his hands apart.” Trayvon, he said, was face down. Again, he says the neighbor with the flashlight came out, he asked that person to help him restrain Trayvon. The police arrived perhaps less than a minute later and he stood up, holstered his weapon and put his hands up.

Zimmerman’s focus on the position of Trayvon’s hands grabbed my attention because of what Sanford Police Officer Ricardo Ayala wrote in his report.He arrived moments after Officer Timothy Smith, the first officer on the scene, took Zimmerman into custody.

I then noticed that there was, what appeared to be a black male wearing a gray sweater, blue jeans, and white/red sneakers laying face down on the ground. The black male had his hands underneath his body. (Emphasis added)

This is a big inconsistency. At one time Z said he 'held up' Trayvon's arms after he shot him.

06-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Way too many inconsistencies, starting with the alleged injuries. Injuries that severe would require a trip to the hospital Emergency Room. No ER report. Add the other parts of the story that won't add up, and the prosecution has a good case for the 2nd degree murder charge.

Nice try, Zimmerman. You can save that and the other BS stories for your tell-all book--from behind bars. Rolleyes
06-27-2012, 01:55 PM
it's obvious
Zimmerman is lying his ass off. You can tell the investigator thinks so too, even though he doesn't outright say it.

Too many inconsistencies.
06-27-2012, 03:52 PM
From the reenactment video, Zimmerman would appear to be the kind of defendant a prosecutor loves to question.
06-27-2012, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2012 06:33 PM by Blue_Roses.)
exactly...
(06-27-2012 03:52 PM)suzie Wrote:  From the reenactment video, Zimmerman would appear to be the kind of defendant a prosecutor loves to question.

He has backed himself into a small little corner.

I'm guessing that every time Zimmerman speaks the prosecutor smiles a little bigger.Wink

Listening to this video reaffirms my belief that Zimmerman just ain't right. He has absolutely NO remorse for what he did, while making excuse after excuse. Ironically, all I see is a coward.
07-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Posted at 04:05 PM ET, 06/29/2012
Zimmerman caught on tape: The screams
By Jonathan Capehart

<..> Zimmerman has maintained from the start that he repeatedly screamed for help during the confrontation. But during a final meeting with detectives Christopher Serino and Doris Singleton on Feb. 29, Zimmerman made a startling comment: “It doesn’t even sound like me.”

<..> They then listen to the call until the fatal gunshot. Serino asked Zimmerman about his assertion that Martin put his hands over his nose and mouth. “He smothered you, correct?” Serino asked. “At what point did he smother you? Was it right before you shot him?” Zimmerman can be heard saying faintly that he doesn’t remember. Serino played the call again.

“I need to give an approximate time when he starts smothering you,” the detective said. Zimmerman mumbled something I couldn’t make out, but Serino interjected, “That’s you yelling for help.” He let the call go on — with all bloodcurdling screaming — until after the gunshot. “Can you recall at what point the suffocation happened? Prior to you shooting him, he was on you, correct?”

<..> Serino raised a good point. Why don’t we hear Trayvon? Why don’t we hear “Shut the [expletive] up!” as loudly as we hear the heart-wrenching screams for help?

Good questions and odd answers.

07-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Zimmerman talks too much. Since he's lying, he ends up contradicting himself. I feel sorry for his lawyers almost. What a nightmare of a client. And he likely thinks he knows best about how to handle a case, too.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." Barack Obama

Is féidir linn.