In order to meet the budgetary demands of the government, charges are urged by the government on every citizen and businesses as a way of raising revenue. This charges will basically finance the governments and its officials, fund projects for public good, and develop business environment thaw will promote growth of the economy.
There are different types of taxes- Income tax, property tax, goods and services taxes. estate tax, and excise tax. If you are running a company then your employees’ salaries are probably subjected to tax through the help of Tucson payroll services. Processing paychecks for employees has never been easier with them. Tucson Services not just offer payroll services to small and large business but at the same time provide services like accounting, legal documentation, notary service, and personal and business tax.
“Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society.” says U.S. Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes. Without taxes, it will be hard for the government to meet the demands of societies. The government will collect this money and use it to fund projects such as health, education, governance, infrastructure development, transport, and housing.
On the other hand, despite the significance of paying taxes, some people do not believe that their taxes are being used in a good way. Hence, they find ways in order to minimize them.
1. Income Tax- Americans who receive a monthly income that is less than the IRS-designated gross income limit is not subject to filing a federal income tax return.
- Single: $12,000 ($13,600 if age 65 or older)
- Head of Household: $18,000 ($19,600 if age 65 or older)
- Qualifying Widow(er): $24,000 ($25,300 if age 65 or older)
Now, if you want to lessen the burden of federal income tax bill, you may want to consider taking advantage of the tax deductions and tax credits. However, only some people will be qualified for this. Though you may still try child tax credit and education credit.
2. Sales Tax- this is popularly known as the consumption tax primarily because the things we buy or consume are also subject to tax. They say that this will be more maximized among wealthy citizens because the more they consume, the more they are being taxed.
How will you minimize getting taxed from buying goods aside from avoiding unnecessary products at the mall? The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015 (the PATH Act) made a provision to claim general sales taxes instead of states’ income taxes as an itemized deduction. The PATH Act includes several changes to the tax law that affect individuals, families, businesses and promote security against tax